(meteorobs) Sato's calculations about Eta Aquariids 2007

Steven Kolins smkolins at mac.com
Wed Apr 25 06:32:31 EDT 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:50 AM, Quanzhi Ye wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I hope no one had yet post this news: http://fas.kaicho.net/
> tenshow/meteor/1p2007/EAqr2007.htm.
>   No more information given on potential ZHR, but delta-r of
> 15000km suggest a good show may be put up.

It looks to me like Aqruarius rises about 3am local time and the sun
follows roughly 6am so where-ever on the Earth is favored for the
right time is going to be a fairly narrow window of just a few
timezones. The  range, (at the bottom of the page) 13:30 - 15:00 UT
and the UT times correlated to timezones....

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/SEhelp/TimeZone.html
  		Atlantic Standard Time (AST) =  UT - 4 hours
                 Eastern Standard Time (EST)  =  UT - 5 hours
                 Central Standard Time (CST)  =  UT - 6 hours
                 Mountain Standard Time (MST) =  UT - 7 hours
                 Pacific Standard Time (PST)  =  UT - 8 hours
If Daylight Saving Time is in effect in the time zone, you must ADD
one hour to the above standard times.

So the start of the period of 13:30 hrs UT would be 9:30am for the
eastern US .... Pacific would be 6:30 am.... look like it's out over
the Pacific somewhere....

Hawaii's at -10 hrs, http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/
hawaii_time_zone.shtml (note also no Daylight Savings time)

So their start would be 3:30am to 5:00am. Perfect for the streams.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast02may_1.htm#tips

Did I get that right? areas of the central Pacific from 30 deg N and
on south?

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!
They that believe in vain thoughts forsake their own mercy.