(meteorobs) Lyrid Observations

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Fri Apr 27 18:12:23 EDT 2007

Wayne,

I have observed the ABO's since the 1980's and they have faithfully produced
a handful of meteors per hour (but those recorded this month were not mine).
It is enjoyable to see which shower would out-produce the other: the ABO's
or the ASC's. Very few people record these showers anymore. Below is what
info I have on them in my catalog, most of this was taken from earlier IMO
observations. I have not recently checked any of the other websites such as
Gary's or the DMS to see if they have anything new on them.

Alpha Bootids (ABO)     Active: Apr 14-May 12     Max: Apr 27
Radiant: 218 +19        Diameter 8                Drift: +0.9 -0.1
Velocity: 20 km/s       Population Index: 3.0     ZHR: <3

Mark Davis, South Carolina, USA
meteors at comcast.net
namn at namnmeteors.org

North American Meteor Network (NAMN)