(meteorobs) RE OT: a major daylight fireball tore across the skies of Slovenia

Nikola Biliškov nbilis at irb.hr
Wed Aug 1 19:36:38 EDT 2007

Citiram Francisco Ocaña <albireo3000 at yahoo.es>:

> Just a comment. In the Croat TV webpage's video there are at least 4
> differente events recorded. The first is related to this bolide. The
> other 3 are made in Spain (Segovia, Valencia and Madrid) and are fake.
> They come from a "hidden" advertising campaign from Toyota.

Yes, I noticed it... In first moment I was surprised with buildings
shown on video, which surely aren't in Croatia. They remind me also to
Spain :-)
Now, I will write a public letter to dnevnik.hr and other media. There
are a lot of mistakes in every article about meteors and meteoritzes
here in Croatia [nomenclature is wrong (meteors are sometimes comets,
meteorites are usualy meteors etc.), everry report is very spectacular
(like a recent one, in which they wrote that Zagreb was under barage
fire of huge asteroids --- actualy, one of our cameras in Zagreb
captured one stationary -1m meteor)]. A few times I wrote about
meteors, insisting in IAU's nomenclature, but evidently it's not
enough...
Best regards,
Nikola