(meteorobs) Bolide size question

Jure Atanackov jureatanackov at email.si
Wed Aug 1 09:35:48 EDT 2007

Hi Roberto and Leo,

> > The 19 January 1993 fell in Northern Italy a bolid that
> > esplosed at 30 Km in height, it was biggest of this, it
> > was rekorded by 5 sismsic stations, 4 infrasound stations,
> > it was saw from 400 Km of distance (in Cecoslovacchia),
> > and by chance fell a night when all sk was clouded,
> > because if it fell with good weather or in dautime it
> > could do car accidents or other fatality, it esploxed
> > a 30 Km and it should too destroy the ozone layer
> > for a certain time.

Comparing the Jan 19th, 1993 superbolide with the July 25th, 2007, there are
many similarities:

- recorded by at least 4 seismic stations in Slovenia, probably at least as many
or more in Croatia
- seen from Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Bosnia and Austria; probably Hungary too
- recorded by at least one infrasound station that we know of so far, but
probably several more

Clear skies!
Jure A. - still busy gathering eyewitness reports and other data...