(meteorobs) Pre-peak Perseid rates?

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 3 17:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi, Joseph,

although Perseids do have quite well-defined peak, from my personal
experience 24 hours off-peak are not a problem and the display is generaly
good. If your friends manage to get their lm down to 6 or better, they
should see  several dozens (say 60?) meteors per hour each, not only
Perseids but also  the rich Aquarid stuff (even more than we here do, as you
live more to the south), not to mention the good summer sporadic rates,
mainly if they observe in the second half of the night, as the radiant rises
(what is even more significant effect in your latitude).

Jan