(meteorobs) A device for meteorites?

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 4 14:40:55 EDT 2007

I think you will find that this particular case is local "HooHah" used by
those who believe in "Dowsing" and extra-sensory detection & such.

Some also hang, suspend, or load,  minerals like what they want to find on
their dowsing "equipment" antenna's and it gets even screwier.

Typical rubbish sold to entice the get-rich-quick persons into buying. On a
par with healing bracelets & medallions.

Having done professional detection & used (plus sold wholesale/retail) metal
detectors for over 45 years total, I can say instruments can be set to
detect ferric, non-ferric, and cavities or covered voids in the earth. This
is done routinely. It is possible to detect Iron & Stoney meteorites this
way. Best done in reasonably level, arid areas, like sagebrush covered
deserts with uniform ground mineralization.

No such prospecting instrument have been proven to work or have been
developed to detect specific objects in omni-directions or to resonate with
the molecular structure. It is a mind game like extraterrestrial UFO's.

<Our considered opinion>
YCSentinel