(meteorobs) A classic Perseid?

David Stine david at exposquare.com
Tue Aug 7 16:19:18 EDT 2007

Arlene,

My two cents worth, Even though you described it as slow. Perseid
grazers can seem to be slow going from one horizon to the other.
Question is did it come from a more northernly direction or more ENE
direction.  Cygnus is up pretty high by 10p.m., so from the description
you gave even though it was slow and gold color, I would say it was a
Perseid earth grazer over a Kappa Cyg especially if it started out low
in the North.  I hope I get some of those this weekend in Oklahoma.

David Stine