(meteorobs) Re: pictures about meteor observing

Peter Jenniskens pjenniskens at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 9 20:07:16 EDT 2007

Hello Francisco,

Yes, this is the sort of picture I had in mind. However,
to motivate
others to go out, we need similar pictures that show
meteor observers
at work, not just a group pose. The picture has to convey
a real sense of
being out meteor observing. They could also be pictures
that show in a practical
manner how to use digital cameras and camcorders that are
within
reach of all amateur astronomers. I do like the star
background and the
scenery. Watch out for those closed eyes.

The predictions for the Perseid Filament remain unchanged
and are
in need of updating as soon as more information becomes
available.
Would be great if the return of this dust component can be
confirmed
from observations.

-Peter

---
Perhaps it is not the best picture, but we were very happy
with our new self-made rotative obturator system. It was
exactly 3 years ago (Great Perseids display, and nice
orbits). If you were interested I can send you further
details.

Congratulations for your book! Really interesting!

Sincerely,

Paco Ocaña

PS: The rate calculator at aurigid website it is very
nice. I find a secondary Perseid peak around  02UT visible
from Europe. Is it the filament peak listed in your book?
Have you made new calculations? Are they accessible? Thank
you in advance!