(meteorobs) Possible IMPACTOR SSE of Yuba City.

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 10:12:11 EDT 2007

where is this?
i just read a report from someone NOT connected with our list,
and not a regular meteor observer, but a good friend from a list
that i'm the owner of (whatever that means??) and she reported
a really BIG bright 'something' travel across her window...she was
in the house at the time. she said it was a 'large blue ball of fire
with a tail and so bright that it lit up the bedroom. it was followed
shortly by a 'sonic boom'...

she's in california...northern part, i believe. is that anywhere near
this event?.....

At 0005:07 tonight (5 minutes ago), I saw a huge fireball on the monitor
then about 1.5 minutes later a BIG double flash of light below my horizon
SSE of me.

I will post a picture of this impactor definetly headed downward as it got
really big at the head. Need to gather the data in the sentinel system first
before posting a shot on YCSentinel website.

YCSentinel