(meteorobs) Perseids in the Florida Keys - first time since Hurricane Charlie in 2004!

Lew.Gramer at noaa.gov Lew.Gramer at noaa.gov
Sat Aug 11 12:41:01 EDT 2007

Well, I'm headed down to observe the pre-peak and peak nights of the PERs. It's my first time doing that since a camping trip in 2004... Back then, I had to pack up the site under the noonday sun in about an hour, then toss my gear into the rental car and get out of the Keys as Hurricane Charlie approached!

I believe we will be a lot luckier this weekend. And in fact, this will be my first "Teff" (meteor observing time) of any kind since 2006! I hope I can remember how to estimate those meteor magnitudes... jeez it's been a while. :) I will try to email summary IMO reports to our list during the weekend, but if not - will try to post a summary of the trip next week.

Wish me luck, fellow meteorobs'ers! May all of us have clear skies for observing around the world this weekend.

Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs at meteorobs.org