(meteorobs) Observations from Southern CA August 12, 2007

Ken bicycle4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 01:01:01 EDT 2007

Here's what he saw last night. Peak of the Perseid shower is after midnight tonight. k

Robert Lunsford <lunro.imo.usa at cox.net> wrote:  Conditions were not quite as good as the previous morning as the marine
layer was shallow, allowing the lights of San Diego to be seen. I had to
shift my view toward the northeast to face the darkest skies. I counted for
four hours this morning (1am-5am PDT) and recorded a total of 170 meteors.
127 were Perseids, one KCG, and 42 sporadics. The LM still average +6.6.

I need to get more sleep so I'm keeping this short. Although there are some
cirrus clouds now present, the conditions look good for tonight.

More Later!

Bob Lunsford

---
Mailing list meteorobs: meteorobs at meteorobs.org