(meteorobs) Perseid report Aug.12-13

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Aug 13 05:42:39 EDT 2007

Hi all :

 Boy am I tired!  Towards the end of the session two -6 Perseid
fireballs were seen..man if only my camera had caught them!

All I got by fluke was a -2 Perseid just as it dropped almost out
of Auriga...again my experiment with the cheap digital
camera worked...this time it got a -2 mag one!

Just after that a -1 dropped below Auriga but I did not get that as
it was out of the field.

Interesting none the less. None caught with my film camera, they went to
either side of the field! AGAHGHA!

 I would rate the shower as ok for my location in the city.

Now...to see if the Aurigids do anything :)

--

Clear skies
----