(meteorobs) meteorob sighting 8-11-07/3:30a,m. Redding, California

dripingpink dripingpink at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 23:47:00 EDT 2007

I am an insomniac and usually wake up around 2-3am. I have given up the
fight and get up, go into my livingroom and read. Early this morning
(approx. 3am) I was on my couch reading. We live in a country
enviroment and need so curtains. Out of the corner of my eye and then
in full view I saw what I describe as a basketball size (or larger)
red, yellow, orange and blue/purple fireball shoot straight out of the
sky and disappear. Unfortunately we live in tough terrain and could not
see a landing. My first thought was that some fool was shooting off a
firework but there was no noise and no landing sound. It just vanished.
I know I was fully awake, not drinking or stoned and I know what I saw
is without explanation to me. Can you help??  debbesmith at hotmail.com