(meteorobs) Follow up details on Impactor with images.

seismomom seismomom at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 23:47:45 EDT 2007

Hello,
  I was camping at Bridalveil Creek off Glacier Point Road in
Yosemite National Park when I saw this bolide. It was definitely a
large aerial explosion. There was a bright streak that lit the forest
and cast deep shadows, then I saw the fireball explode in white,
yellow and orange colors through a well-placed opening between trees
to the west-northwest of my position (I think). I thought for a
millisecond it might be some sort of fireworks as there appeared to
be many bits 'raining' down from the explosion site. I did not note
the exact time but believe it was just after 1:00 am PDT on Aug 11,
2007. The campground is at about 7200 feet elevation, lat 37° 39' 43"
N, lon -119° 37' 14" E. I don't recall hearing any sound and my
husband, who was 6 feet away but turned the opposite direction,
didn't notice anything at all! I just returned home from this trip
and am happy to find confirmation that I actually did see a bolide--
my 3rd in 53 years.

seismomom

--- In meteorobs at yahoogroups.com, <stange34 at ...> wrote:

> This is only a rough draft. View impactor images at:
>
> http://geocities.com/stange34@.../Impactor.html
> http://geocities.com/stange34@.../ImpactorBW.html
>
> The follow up multiple flashes of light at the possible impact
point were not captured by Sentinel due to a time limit....BUT,
I "happened" to have HandyAvi running too which should have got the
Impactor plus any impact flashes later. :-)