(meteorobs) New Murphy's Law - Perseids Peak

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 13:56:06 EDT 2007

Seemingly interminable 5 to 10 minute gaps - will be followed by 5 meteors within 60 seconds, inclusive of 3 different radiants, 4 apparent speeds and 5 different brightness estimates.

Talking clock and digital recorder aside, sometimes it gets a little exciting getting ready for the "next" meteor.

Quick note - I had 70 to 75 meteors in 2.5 hours of observing last night (about 0600 to 0830 UT 13AUG07) under 5.2 skies.  Noted decent KCG and SDA activity also.

I will try for my 6th night/morning in a row on 13/14.  Then, I will sleep and concentrate on work a little bit.

Must post details later.

Clear skies...
Bill, Coweta