(meteorobs) Perseids in South Carolina

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Mon Aug 13 18:15:05 EDT 2007

Yes, Mark, I agree about the Kappa Cygs. I had rather less than ideal conditions for observing so I didn't do any official work, but I was out last night (Aug 12/13) from midnight to 1:30 and saw only 7 meteors: 3 Perseids, 2 KCGs, and 2 sporadics. But the KCGs were unbelievable! One went off like a flashbulb and must have been at least a -6, and the other was also quite bright at about a -1. The Perseids were rather plain in comparison.
I'm looking for the KCGs again tonight!
Pete Bias