(meteorobs) Perseids From Northern Maine

DAVID DICKINSON ghedi_dave at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 15:58:35 EDT 2007

Dear Sirs,
   Below are what I've observed over the last few
mornings...unfortunately, we were clouded out the
morning of the 13th.

Day : 1,12,14   Month : August  Year : 2007
begin :     End :
Location : Saint Froid Lake, ME  Country : USA long.
W68.603 40 Lat. N47.008
elevation: 400 ft
Observer : David Dickinson
Method : counting – digital voice recorder.

Observed Showers :

Perseids (47)

Interval analysis

Periods       Teff    Lm     Per     SPOR
(1Aug)
0811UT        0.5	4.0	0	0
(12Aug)
0609UT        1.02	5.5	14	0
0703UT	      0.5       4.5     7	0
0739UT	      0.5	4.0     4       0
(14Aug)
0623UT	      1.02     5.5	22	4

Total= 51 meteors

Remarks

-	Clear, moonless sky, Except on the 1st, with a
waning gibbous moon.   deep astronomical twilight
towards end of sessions with almost no light
pollution.
-	Several short, swift meteors with a few leaving
trains.

At the Twin Dogs Observatory,

Dave Dickinson