(meteorobs) Another Observation of the Shingle Springs (No. CA) BrilliantFireball of 08/11/2007

Debbe Smith dripingpink at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 05:57:27 EDT 2007

thank you for your information. I saw one from my livingroom window in Jones Valley area (just east of Redding, Calif) 3am and it landed down in our creek bed but I cannot locate anything while hiking the steep terrain. Can they just burn themselves out. I KNOW what I saw (basketball size or larger, red, orange, yellow and blueish fireball with small tail) I thought some idiot had launched a big firework. We are notorious for fires this time of year and I cannot figure out why this did not set off a grass fire. I appreciate any information you can give and so glad others have seen these i.e. I am not crazy!!! Debbe Smith

Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:  See my web page at
. Scroll to the
bottom of the page.

--

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind
up somewhere else." -- Yogi Berra, baseball legend

Web Page:

---
Mailing list meteorobs: meteorobs at meteorobs.org