(meteorobs) Meteor Spectra

mark_vornhusen mark at vornhusen.de
Wed Aug 15 17:22:53 EDT 2007

Ed:
Thanks for your help. This is a 50mm intensifier, so 120mm lens
works just fine for me and I noticed 120mm gives me better image
quality than 80mm lens. Does the g/mm value have an influence on the
distance of the spectra to the meteor? My fear is that the spectra
is often outside the field of view.

I have an example video taken with 120mm lens here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTBrYWrey0

Mark

> Mark:
> 	What you need is a replica transmission diffraction grating
blazed for
> the visual region of the spectrum.
> The lens you have on your system provides a very narrow field of
view.
> Can it be replaced with a shorter focal length lens.  I use a 50
mm
> lens on a 25mm intensifier with a 600 g/mm grating.
> 	You can check with the following manufactures for
transmission
> gratings:
>
>            http://www.optometrics.com/products_gratings_t.html
Max