(meteorobs) A meteor shower in Ursa Major in August ? (was Re: "Meteor outburst" on APOD)

Lew Gramer owner-meteorobs at meteorobs.org
Thu Aug 16 10:53:22 EDT 2007

Bruce, it seems that the photographer in Turkey actually submitted his
image(s) for analysis by Dr. Josep Trigo-Rodriguez - a meteor scientist who
has also been a subscriber to this list in the past! Perhaps Dr. Trigo will
share some of his findings with us when he is ready to so do?

PS: My impression was that this was not an abnormally active main peak for the
Perseids this year. I hope today to submit IMO reports (cc'd to this list) of
the two nights I got to observe the peak - my first reports in over a year!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer