(meteorobs) Possible IMPACTOR SSE of Yuba City.

Paul Mayfield mayfield2007 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:34:45 EDT 2007

About a dozen of us were camping and getting ready to watch the Perseids
when several of us witnessed an extremely large and bright double
flash in the northern skys. The sky was clear, no clouds and
unlimited visibility.

Our position was Humbug Valley, just a few miles east of Lake
Almanor, CA

If this is the same event, we were significantly north of the reports
from San Francisco, Shingle Springs, Sonora, Yosemite, Yuba City,
Sacramento.

Is there any word on the cause of these flashes?
Are these observations related?
How far north were they observed?

feel free to email me with information:

paulm_2007 at yahoo.com