(meteorobs) Active KCG activity!

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Sat Aug 18 03:52:10 EDT 2007

Hi Pierre,
Many observers in the Netherlands noticed the hight KCG activity to.
Unfortunately, the nights after 13/14 august were clouded out. Carl and I
watched the Perseids (12/13 august) near Grevesmühlen 11o10' OL / 53o 55' NB
in the former DDR. There we had a good look on this shower, with the last
two hours under a brilliant clear sky! In this period we counted 70-90
Perseids an hour! But we saw also the higher than normal KCG activity,
amongst them a -4 and a -6 KCG. The last one I captured on photo. On my site
you find some meteorpics (oa a composite picture with 9 Perseids and two
KCG's): www.koenmiskotte.nl
Carl and I observing meteors since the late 70's and I have seen good KCG
rates in 1985 (Puimichel, southern France, just 1 of -4 , but rates up to 6
an hour), 1993 (Rognes, Southern France with -4, -6,-6 and a-7 "flashbulb
meteors" ), 1999 (12/13-8 Biddinghuizen, the Netherlands with -4, -5 KCG)
and now this year.
Best wishes,
Koen