(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on August 20, 2007

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 12:37:23 EDT 2007

 I went out this morning to observe meteors. The sky
seemed very transparent, surprising after the dust
storms that ran all the way through the afternoon of
August 19. Just before starting my observation period
I saw a beautiful mag 0 blue green earth grazer,a
sporadic. I also spotted two possible Epsilon
Cassiopeids - they came from the right place, were
fairly swift, but they could have been sproadics as
well. The following is a summary of my observations
for August 20.

August 20, 2007  Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles north
of Winnemucca. Longitude 117 degrees 37' 30" West;
Latitude 41 degrees 15' 0" North.

UT Period  Field   Teff   F   LM    Per  KCG  ECA  SPO

9:00-10:06  60N    1.03  1.0 6.56    4    2    2   16

Total Meteors: 24

Magnitude Distribution

Shower   0  1  2  3  4  5

PER      1           3