(meteorobs) Perseids from central Europe and a simple program

Jan Verfl verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 22 10:12:02 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have just completed the on-line reporting from our small observational
meeting in the hills in the central part of the Czech Republic. The result
is 19 reports from 12 distinct observers over 2 nights (12/13 and 13/14
Aug), with 1164 Perseids alltogether - yes it was a good display! Even with
the annoying fog it was probably the best perseid show I have ever seen,
many 0mag meteors, occasionaly two PER at the same time clearly marking the
radiant... and so on.

During the course of reporting with the brilliant new on-line interface
(many thanks to the authors again) I have created a small (and quite dumb)
console tool to make my life easier when reporting (particulary usefull only
if you have a single data log for a big group of people) - it is probalby
useless to anyone but me, but the interested readers can have a look at it
on http://ccd.wz.cz/metasy.html

Clear skies
Jan