(meteorobs) Aurigid Laptop Observation Project

Chris Crawford chrisc at storytron.com
Thu Aug 23 14:00:34 EDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 9:57 AM, meteors at eclipse.net wrote:

>  Even my desktop computer's clock drifts a few seconds per day.
> If a user has not cal'd their laptoip clock in a while, it could be
> off by
> many minutes.

Whoa, I didn't realize it was this bad! I ran some checks with a
variety of people all over the country and everybody's clock was
within a second of mine, so I assumed that the onboard clocks were
fairly good. After all, everybody uses standard clock circuitry these
days, and that circuitry has been refined for decades. I'll do
another round of checks and put in the link suggested by Richard Kramer.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris