(meteorobs) Perseids report.

Alan Hilburn rebelinred at webtv.net
Sat Aug 25 01:02:52 EDT 2007

The night of 12/13 I set out to observe the 2007 peak of the Perseids.
My observing location was about 17 miles north of the beginning of I-40.
The nearest city is Wilmington in the state of North Carolina. The best
lat. and long. at this time I can give is as follows: 34.23 N. and 77.95
W. I was facing the north, NE, and east. That was the darkest part of
the sky, and my LM was a little better than (5.5). This was one of the
best nights for viewing in some time. There four of us who started but
due to work, only two of us stayed until dawn. I am the only one filing
report. There were very small breaks of under two to three minutes, I
also had camera taking photos as well. I am working with a out date
computer, it's slow and not much range extras that I can work with. I
will do time, mag., and shower member and any comments. Time begins at
UT 02:16 or 10:16 EDT.
1) 02:16, +1, Per.
2) 02:19, +2, Per. This was an earthgrazer of about 60 degrees long and
had a golden tint.
3) 02:21, +1, spo.
4) 02:22, +1, Per.
5) 02:33, 0, spo.
6) 02:36, +2, spo.
7) 02:43, +1, spo.
8) 02:53, 0, Per.
9) 03:02, +3, spo.
10) 03:20, +3, Per.
11) 03:36, +2, Per.
12) 03:52, 0, Per.
13) 03:58, 0, Per.
14) 04:03, +1, Per
15) 04:15, +1, spo.
16) 04:17, 0, Per.
17) 04:18, -1, spo.
18) 04:24, +1, spo.
19) 04:28, +1, Per.
20) 04:28, +3, Per.
21) 04:31, +2, spo.
22) 04:37,+2, Per.
23) 04:41,+1, Per.
24) 04:44, +1, Per.
25) 05:07, +2, Per.
26) 05:11, -2, spo.
27) 05:15, +2, spo.
28) 05:17, +3, Per.
29) 05:22, +1, Per.
30) 05:22, +4, Per.
31) 05:23, +1, spo.
32) 05:30, -2, Per.
33) 05:30, +3, Per.
34) 05:32, 0, Per.
35) 05:42, -4, Per. This was the brightest I saw all night. That was the
classic yellowish/white tint and had two flashes in it's flight. Left a
12 to 15 second train.
36) 05:48, +3, Per.
37) 05:48, +2, Per.
38) 05:49, -3, Per.
39) 05:52, 0, Per.
40) 05:55, +3, Per.
41) 06:00, 0, Per.
42) 06:04,+3, Per.
43) 06:05, +1, Per.
44) 06:13, 0, Per.
45) 06:13, 0, Per. Note two o mag. Perseids side by side. White in
color.
46) 06:14, +1, Per.
47) 06:14, +3, Per.
48) 06:16, +3, Per.
49) 06:16, +3, Per. Note, they were coming in two's during this period
of time.
50) 06:20, 0, Per.
51) 06:29, +2, Per.
52) 06:29, +3, Per.
53) 06:32, -1, Per.
54) 06:39,+2, Per.
55) 06:39, +2, Per.
56) 06:42, +3, Per.
57) 06:44, +2, Per.
58) 06:45, 0, Per.
59) 06:49, +2, Per.
60) 06:50, +1, Per.
61) 06:53, -1, Per.
62) 06:53, 0, Per.
63) 06:56, +2, Per.
64) 06:57, +1, Per.
65) 07:02, 0, Per.
66) 07:02, +1, Per.
67) 07:08, -2, Per.
68) 07:10, -3, Per.
69) 07:10, +2, Per.
70) 07:12, +3, Per.
71) 07:13, +2, Per.
72) 07:15, +3, Per.
73) 07:18, +2, Per.
74) 07:21, +1, Per.
75) 07:23, +3, Per.
76) 07:30, +1, Per.
77) 07:34, +2, Per.
78) 07:37, +1, Per.
79) 07:38, +1,Per.
80) 07:38, +1, spo.
81) 07:38, +1, Per.
82) 07:44, 0, Per.
83) 07:53, +1, Per.
84) 07:56, 0, Per.
85) 08:04, +2, Per.
86) 08:14, +1, Per.
87) 08:14, +3, Per.
88) 08:16, +2, Per.
89) 08:17, +2, Per.
90) 08:19, +3, Per.
91) 08:22, +1, Per.
92) 08:24, +2, Per.
93) 08:26, +2, Per. End of count. I did go on to observe more meteors up
till just after 9:00 UT.

Alan P. Hilburn Sr.