(meteorobs) Aurigids observing

Geert Barentsen geert at barentsen.be
Thu Aug 30 20:17:13 EDT 2007

Hey all,

Just one day to go before the possible Aurigids peak!

I hope many of you will have clear skies to go out observing, even if your
location is unfavourable for the predicted time of the outburst. It is well
worth to gather data also outside the "happy hour". (E.g. if the weather
clears in Belgium this weekend, I will be out.)

There is an "on the fly" page available at
http://www.imo.net/live/alpha-aurigids2007/ . Right now the graph is
insignificant (just 5 meteors), but it will be interesting to see how it
evolves. Would it be possible to see something interesting appear on the
graph given the difficult observing conditions?!  I have no idea, it's up to
you...

Good luck,
Geert