(meteorobs) Hypervelocity meteors

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 11 10:55:02 EST 2007

After posting the message on this topic I received the following
comment from Dr. Yvan Dutil on the RASC list Rascals.

Quote:

"Their photometric data are convincing for a radiant, but I have
problem with
the velocity estimate. I dont trust the spectroscopic date. In both
case,
the lack of detailled description of the data reduction process is
problematic."

I don't have the reference at hand but hypervelocity meteors have been
detected with the Aricibo radio telescope and also in New Zealand.
This is probably the first spectrum of one if peer reviews accept this
data.

Ed Majden