(meteorobs) Fwd: {MPML} Meteoroid from afar (?)

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 14:29:26 EST 2007

>From the quoted papaer:

"Given the distance between the track and the radi-
ant and the track length, one can estimate the geocen-
tric velocity of the meteors. We obtain a velocity esti-
mate of 28253 km/s for a 110 km intrusion height into
the Earth’s atmosphere and an average magnitude of 8.2.
Note that the estimates of the velocity and brightness of
meteors so obtained agree with spectroscopic data.

From: Francisco Ocaña <albireo3000 at yahoo.es>