(meteorobs) Poor Weather

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 12 13:32:28 EST 2007

On 12-Dec-07, at 9:46 AM, meteors at comcast.net wrote:

> The past two mornings have been clear, but we've had dense,
> ground-hugging fog that has prevented me from observing the Geminds.
> Very few reports have come in either, so I'm guessing poor weather is
> prevalent or observers are waiting till we are a bit closer to their
> peak. I'll be out the following three mornings as well. I even may try
> some pre-midnight observing as the fog doesn't move in until after
> midnight.
>
> Good luck to everybody!
>
> Mark Davis, South Carolina
> meteors at comcast.net
> namn at namnmeteors.org

Mark et al:

	I know how you feel.  Every major shower this past year has been
clouded out at my location on Vancouver Island.  One reason I setup a
forward scatter radio meteor detection system here.  Nothing has
changed for the Geminids!  Rain is predicted.  :-(  No luck securing
any spectra this year.  I HOPE 2008 will be better!  Now if I could do
something about light pollution!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, or to be politicly correct, Happy
Holidays!

Ed Majden   AMS-RASC
Courtenay, B.C.
Canada