(meteorobs) (no subject)

Gretchen B. Walker GBW at Copper.net
Thu Dec 13 19:11:41 EST 2007

Hello Mike -
Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me directly.

That Sandstone Peak sounds good - and a lot closer than driving to the
Mojave! Especially because I do have to do work tomorrow........(stupid
work, always getting in the way of life!)

Good luck - I wish you clear skies!
Thanks again,
Gretchen

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org
[mailto:meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org] On Behalf Of M Linnolt
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:00 PM
To: Global Meteor Observing Forum
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) (no subject)

Hi Gretchen, It depends on which part of LA you are
in! If you are on the west side/SF valley, the
Sandstone Peak parking area, off of Yerba Buena Rd. in
the Santa Monica mountains is pretty good. If you are
inland, then the Big Bear area is good, like the YMCA
Camp Oakes, where the RTMC is held. If yoy want to
drive half way to Vegas, the exits off of I-15 between
Barstow and Baker, are very dark, like Field Rd. and
Zzyzzx Rd.

Best of luck wherever you go, I'll be battling the
rainy weather out here in Hawaii tonite.

Mike Linnolt

--- "Gretchen B. Walker" <GBW at Copper.net> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I saw your posting about the Orionid meteor shower
> on 10/22/06. I was
> wondering if you had a suggestion about where to
> watch the Geminids Thursday
> night/Friday morning.
>
> I live in Los Angeles and I'm willing to drive a
> while to find a good spot.
> I saw that you were in the Mojave last time - is
> there a certain location
> that's better than others? (I've only driven past on
> my way to Vegas!) Or is
> there someplace else that's good?
>

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Gretchen