(meteorobs) Geminid forward scatter : ebb and flow?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Fri Dec 14 20:13:15 EST 2007

I am always listening to the audio output of my forward scatter array
and noting qualities. While listening to the Geminids during last
night's peak period I note that there seemed to be a quality of "ebb and
flow" in the meteor reception. It is very subtle and I post this just as
a casual observation, not with any intensive analysis.  It does make me
wonder if there might be some "wave" properties, or ripples in the
Geminid stream that might be expressed in the radio reception.   ??

I posted a stereo .mp3 on the page at :
http://www.heliotown.com/Geminid_Meteors_2007_Ashcraft.html

If you do listen, headphones encouraged.

Thomas Ashcraft