(meteorobs) Recent NAMN Observations

meteors at comcast.net meteors at comcast.net
Sat Dec 15 11:44:12 EST 2007

It seems many observers had to contend with poor weather for the Geminid
peak. I have updated our website with the observations I have received
from the following people:

Salvador Aguirre, Mexico
Pete Bias, USA
Robin Gray, USA
Wayne Hally, USA
Mike Linnolt, USA
Pierre Martin, Canada
Paul Martsching, USA
David Oesper, USA
Pat O'Neill, Northern Ireland
Harry Waldron, USA
William Watson, USA

These observers reported a little over 17 hours of observations and 414
meteors:

METEOR SHOWER                   NUMBER OBSERVED
ANT: Antihelion Source                11
COM: Coma Berenicids                   3
DLM: Dec. Leo Minorids*                1
GEM: Geminids                        332
HYD: Sigma-Hydrids                     7
MON: Monocerotids                      3

SPO: Sporadics                        57

* Possible Coma Berenicids

To view the observing summaries, follow the Recent Meteor Observations
link at http://www.namnmeteors.org

Thanks to all observers who submitted reports!!

Mark Davis, South Carolina, USA
meteors at comcast.net
namn at namnmeteors.org