(meteorobs) BRIGHT Geminids last night (Dec 14/15)

Pierre Martin dob14.5 at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 16 22:46:07 EST 2007

Hi Koen,

It sounds like you had a terrific year for the Geminids!  Three clear
nights centered on the peak night... Congrats!  By the current
activity profile on the IMO's site, it seems like an unusually good
return of Geminids!

During the post-max night (Dec 14/15 2007), I managed to capture
several nice meteors with my two cameras.  Here's some results...

http://tinyurl.com/36pel8
Multiple short exposures were taken over a few hours on December 15
2007, and then stacked/stitched together to produce this composite.
This area of the sky faces Hydra and Canes Minor.  Taken with my
Canon 300D set to ISO 1600 and a 35mm lens at f/2.0. )

http://tinyurl.com/39l9x3
(Same multiple short exposures and stacking as above, but taken in a
different part of the sky (facing Ursa Major and Ursa Minor) with my
second camera... a Canon 30D set to ISO 1600 and a 20mm lens at f/2.8.

http://tinyurl.com/2erwfj
This meteor is not a Geminid, but a late Taurid / antihelion. Taken
with my Canon 300D, Canon 35mm f/2.0 lens and a 15 sec exposure.

Clear skies,
- Pierre