(meteorobs) Sporadic-E, 3200 Phaeton and the Geminids

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Dec 18 19:04:48 EST 2007

December 18, 2007

I would like to report the incidence of Sporadic-E effecting the
ionosphere for the past few days after the Geminid meteor shower. I have
been noting it on my radio meteor frequencies of 61.250 MHz and 83.250 MHz.

I am wondering what molecules the asteroid 3200 Phaeton is composed of?
This asteroid is supposedly the origin of the Geminid meteor shower. I
am wondering if the 3200 Phaeton - Geminid meteor dust trail has certain
magnetic properties that cause the phenomenon of Sporadic-E in this
instance?  To me, there seems to be a possible connection.

Thomas Ashcraft