(meteorobs) Sporadic-E, 3200 Phaeton and the Geminids

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 18 19:12:00 EST 2007

    That's interesting, Thomas. I seem to recall encountering an identical
situation on my home radio detector a few years ago -- great radio reception
of the Geminids, but that for the Ursids a few days later ruined by a
persistent case of Sporadic E. Anecdotal account only; I'm pretty sure I
just wiped the related files. I don't have the vaguest idea of the physics
involved, but until somebody rules it out it's worth considering an
extraterrestrial cause.

    Bruce
    *****