(meteorobs) alpha-Lynicds iffy for Alberta

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Thu Dec 20 19:23:31 EST 2007

> Anybody has clear skies and observed?

    Here in northern Alberta it's pretty iffy, it was clear an hour ago but
completely overcast and snowing lightly now. I can't even tell where the
Moon is. However my meteorologically-gifted friend Alister says not to give
up hope, that it may yet clear out as quickly as it moved in. He'll advise
me further about two hours before the predicted peak, and I'm prepared to
drive if a hole develops within accessible distance. The radiant will be
about 25 degrees up and the Moon far higher than that, but what the hey, if
we waited for outbursts to occur under ideal conditions we'd be waiting a
long time. I'll give it a shot if it's at all possible.

    Bruce
    *****