(meteorobs) Ursids more fun than expected

Daniel Fischer dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de
Sun Dec 23 12:42:50 EST 2007

>From Germany I saw three*) in the half hour 20:55 - 21:25 UTC on Dec. 22 (effective
time about 25 minutes, obstruction 30%, limiting magnitude 4.3 - I wonder how e.g.
http://umdb.urania.be/v2/obsview/view.php?id=2824 could get 5.5 with *that* Moon).
The third one was spectacular: bright, slow and with several maxima. Unfortunately
a video recording (Mintron + Camcorder) failed after only 17 minutes in the cold
when the Mintron signal became erratic and then disappeared: Advice on how to
operate these cameras in sub-zero-centrigrade temperatures would be appreciated!

Daniel

*) at a time when the ZHR was around 33: http://www.imo.net/live/ursids2007