(meteorobs) Siddhartha, Dead channels or a change in frequency?

stange34 at sbcglobal.net stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 27 03:02:48 EST 2007

Quote:
(Channels 2-6 will go dead. For me, channel 6 is a good source here in
the SF Bay area. - Siddhartha)

Maybe the Channel 6 (location) will be kept?  But a new frequency will be
used at that location that you can work with?

Also, have you considered experimenting or looking in the 2 meter (~146 Mhz)
band? The signals are weaker probably because the Ham Repeater transmissions
are weaker, but I believe there might be a possibility in the 144-148 mhz
region with a directional antenna. I have noticed some continious FM
carriers in the lower frequencies near 145Mhz around here in Yuba City.
Packet and Others....

Larry
YCS