(meteorobs) Fwd: Interstellar Meteors

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Mon Dec 31 12:37:13 EST 2007

Here's something I sent to Ed last Oct., seems it may answer some questions
being asked about fast and high meteors (140km).   Dave

----- Forwarded message from prospector at znet.com -----
    Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:05:18 -0700
    From: prospector at znet.com
 Subject: Interstellar Meteors
      To: Ed Majden <epmajden at shaw.ca>

Ed,

   I wanted to ask you about a web page I found. It's by R. Soberman and M.
Dubin, "Universal Dark Matter," Sept 2006. In this text page is the idea
that Earth is being hit by several orders of magnitude more by these
interstellar meteors,they call them cosmoids, and that they have a very low
specific gravity, 10-3 to 10-5 grams cm, or about .22 to 22 pounds per cubic
meter, pretty light stuff.

   They say that these are the flashes of light seen by astronauts as they
orbit Earth, but that they are very dim, and not visible
from Earth. They impact the atmosphere at 140 km, creating backscatter and
it's detectable with the military 2 MH radar (Olsen/Steele/Elford 1987 for
the last two points). My questions are, has the list ever investigated
these interstellar meteors? Have the radio group ever detected the 140 km
backscatter?

   I would like to throw this out to the list once things slow down and
perhaps suggest that these flashes of light may be what I had been
detecting with long binocular observations prior to joining the list in
January 1999. You can find it at:
          http://arxiv.org/html/astro-ph/0609500

  It takes about 5+ minutes to read, interesting.Reply to both address CC as
my znet address is up tomorrow and due to connectionsproblems, I've not
re-uped.

                                    Dave English
                               Oceanside, California

----- End forwarded message -----