(meteorobs) expected Quadrantid rate

Jenniskens, Petrus M. (ARC-SST)[SETI INSTITUTE] petrus.m.jenniskens at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 31 18:18:03 EST 2007

Hello Bill,

The rate at your location is going to be critically dependent on the
peak of the shower this year. I believe it is variable, but we will see.
I have posted two possible situations at:

http://quadrantid.seti.org

If you scroll down to the Fluxtimator applets, you can select your
own location and see how the rate is expected to vary during the night
for a peak at 02 UT (from model by Jeremie Vaubaillon and I) and
at 06:40 UT (nominal time given by IMO).

Good luck with the weather.

-Peter Jenniskens

---
I am going to take a shot at the Quadrantids.  I know the peak is predicted for 3/4Jan, but does anybody have a guess at an anticipated ZHR for 2/3Jan around 0800 UT?  I know I am a bit disadvantaged at 35N but given my luck lately I thought I would try both nights.

Thanks,
Bill