(meteorobs) Northern bias to meteor showers?

Pavol Habuda bzucino at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 14:10:49 EST 2007

I have no time to do, so try you to calculate ...
First, try to recalculate coordinates into ecliptic coorginates (which is
physically correct for SS). Then try to recalculate them into coordinates with
fixed sun ... you probably see many showers around apex.
   So, there could be another question, why is so strong seasonal variation.
Maybe there are strong showers on south hemisphere too ... but IMO catalogue
comes from Cook catalogue and that is very strict to showers -- shower is almost
sure to exist in real if is in Cook. Many other catalogues are lack of evidence,
some paths intersected by chance etc. ... and catalague includes many
fictive showers.

And try to do the same with slow showers and fast showers ... and especially
with showers which are famous of outbursts.

Have a nice day
Pavol Habuda