(meteorobs) Evening meteor activity on Feb. 3rd pm, 2007 seen in MO, USA

Bertunit at aol.com Bertunit at aol.com
Mon Feb 5 19:28:43 EST 2007

While not probably related to this event Arlene is informing us about.
My sister, in law enforcement in Missouri reported to me at around 8pm
consecutive bright meteors falling due North from high in the North sky, from
nearly directly overhead, within 3-5 minutes of each other SATURDAY evening,
the night before this other event.  I immediately went out for 15 minutes
after
the eight pm hour in E Central KS with the rising gibbous moon in the low SE
and saw nothing, watching the zenith to lower N-NE quadrant of the sky.

She did comment the meteors radiated from some point , i.e. meaning they
converged if traced back to their origin pt. that being high in the N sky
nearly
to the zenith.

Odd that these were evening meteors from a same source, and thought I'd
at least pass this on.

By the way my friends, I have sucessfully moved to Lenexa KS, and with that
major accomplishment made hope I get around to some observing sessions
this year, stay tuned.  Hello David Stine, Norman, and Robert in CA.