(meteorobs) St. Louis sighting Sunday, Feb 4, 2007

lentz at hometel.com lentz at hometel.com
Mon Feb 5 22:22:03 EST 2007

I left my home on the Illinois prairie right after halftime in the Super
Bowl to go into town for Chinese. (circa 7:45 p.m.)  As I was driving
north on route 4 in Madison Co. IL, I saw a bright lighted object, bright
green on the top and yellow points portruding from the bottom, come
streaking down out of the sky.    I first thought it was a fireworks
someone celebrating the Super Bowl had shot up, but then I realized it was
too big and too high for a fireworks.    I watched it descend, and then it
"blew up" into a blinding white mass that made me look away.   The trail
behind it was like white squares, not connected, with big spaces between.
 I didn't know what to think.    It sure scared me.    There were no other
cars on the road and I have never felt so alone in all my life.
    I talked to my neighbors today, the few that I have on our country
road, but none of them saw it.    I was happy to hear on the St. Louis
newscasts that other people had seen it.    I don't know what it was.
 Some people on tv say it was a meteor, but it didn't look like any
other meteror I have seen in my lifetime.
     I am new to this list and would appreciate any possible explanations.
  Has anyone else ever seen a meteor with green color to it?
                                                    S. Weir
                                                    from the IL prairie