(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on February 20, 2007

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 12:01:33 EST 2007

We had a clear morning on February 20, so I took
advantage of this and went out to observe meteors. I
saw two faint Delta Leonids and 8 Sporadics, three of
which were bright. The highlight was a -5 mag fireball
with a long glowing train, which I estimated as more
than thirty degrees in length. Clouds have settled
back over the skies now. The following is a record of
what I saw.

February 20, 2007 Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles
north of Winnemucca. Longitude 117 degrees, 37', 30"
West; Latitude 41 degrees 15' 0" North.

UT Period   Field  Teff   F    LM    DLE  ANT  SPO

9:19-10:22   60S   1.02   1.0  6.60   2    0    8

Magnitude Distribution

Shower  -5  -4  -3  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4  5

DLE                                     2

SPO      1       1   1               2  1  2

Total Meteors: 10

Robin Gray
Winnemucca, Nevada