(meteorobs) 2 events- (no Quads) Reentry and meteorite?

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Thu Jan 4 12:33:13 EST 2007

two news items today.

Here's a link to a spectacular reentry this morning.
I beleive it was a Soyuz-U rocket body.

Of course, the newscasters incorrectly reported it as the Quadantid meteor
Shower.

Nice video though!!

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1961501&version=14&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

And Here's info on a POSSIBLE meteorite that hit a home in NJ Tuesday
night. To me the color looks a bit suspect, but it's too early to say

http://www.nbc10.com/news/10664894/detail.html

BTW, we had thin cirrus here last night, combined with the Full moon, it
was not possible to make even slightly useful quad observations....oh
well.