(meteorobs) Possible meteor event over South Africa

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Thu Jan 4 13:41:54 EST 2007

>>Anyone got any ideas on what this could have been? Space debris  or
meteor?<<
Let me try this again....Beyond the flying saucer possibility, if the first
witness was sober, I get the impression that their story might have been a wee
 bit embellished. The second witnessed could be describing a fireball meteor
that  might have dropped some meteorites. If it was space debris, I'd think
some space  agency would know about it's whereabouts and roughly where it might
be meeting  it's demise. Personally, my gut suspects a meteor.
George Zay