(meteorobs) Comet seen on eastern direction on 31st Dec.06

vijay likhite countermate at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:32:04 EST 2007

Dear Davis.

My daughter Neah was on treking mission to an almost isolated place some 100
kms away from Mumbai.
On 31st morning at around 5AM (Local time) on eastern horizon she saw a
comet with brightness of almost -4 magnitude. The location had coordinates
as 18.983 degrees N, 73.267 degrees E.
Could you tell me which comet was this? I  guess it was SWAN COMET. But
could not get any info on this (Neither on NAMN site or any other STAR
GAZING site.)

Please help me to get more info on this.

Vijay Likhite