(meteorobs) Reports of fireball activity around the world?

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 12:25:03 EST 2007

Hi.All
Just wondering why there has been so many reports of
fireball meteor activity over the last week or so from
around the world.Jim Gamble(El Paso all Sky Camera)
recorded a -9.4 fireball on the evening of Jan.5.Ernie
Iverson today reported a -10.1 fireball meteor over
California USA on Jan,8.There was also the fireball
event with in the last week, I believe this was in
South Africa.Also the fall recovered in New Jersey
USA.Then today what sounds like a bright meteor event
over Iran. Also if I remember right there was an event
over Canada.Does anyone have a guess to where this
activity is coming from?I believe the Quadrantids can
be ruled out as the source of most of these
fireballs.Anyone willing to make a guess?I do not
believe this is normal activity for this time of year
or is it?
Just wondering!
Regards
Thomas Dorman