(meteorobs) Reports of fireball activity around the world?

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Jan 10 12:47:50 EST 2007

From: "Thomas Dorman" <drygulch_99 at yahoo.com>

> Hi.All
> Just wondering why there has been so many reports of
> fireball meteor activity over the last week or so from
> around the world.Jim Gamble(El Paso all Sky Camera)
> recorded a -9.4 fireball on the evening of Jan.5.Ernie
> Iverson today reported a -10.1 fireball meteor over
> California USA on Jan,8.There was also the fireball
> event with in the last week, I believe this was in
> South Africa.Also the fall recovered in New Jersey
> USA.Then today what sounds like a bright meteor event
> over Iran. Also if I remember right there was an event
> over Canada.Does anyone have a guess to where this
> activity is coming from?I believe the Quadrantids can
> be ruled out as the source of most of these
> fireballs.Anyone willing to make a guess?I do not
> believe this is normal activity for this time of year
> or is it?
> Just wondering!
> Regards
> Thomas Dorman
> Horizon City,Texas

We must remember that each days occur some bolids as
the Full Moon, naturally in a single point of the Earth
we can see a similar bolid only one time in some years,
in general we not known this bolids because they occur
on the oceans, on the deserts, etc., sometime a group
of bolids, with in general a sporadic origin, occur on
Countries with many inabitants then we can read of they
on the newpapers or in Tv, in Internet, etc.
In reality the number of big bolids (sporadic) it's
during the entire year near costant, only when there
are meteor storms we see a biggest number of  big
bolids.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli